Saturday, December 6, 2008

SO I NEVER PUT TWO AND TWO TOGETHER...UNTIL NOW!

I don't wanna talk to much about my family on this blog, but I figure i'd post this though. So when my Aunt Cady, who I haven't seen in about 5 years, came up from St. Croix to see us over Thanksgiving weekend, we got a chance to chop it up before she left. Anyways, I remember my mother telling me about how my Aunt Cady, as well as my Uncle Mickey ((Mickey Sevilla) who's one of the best drummers ever), were in this band called "Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band" and how some famous rapper (my mother had no idea who the artist) sampled their hit song that they had back in the day. So I went on YouTube and sure enough, some of their videos popped up. So I clicked on the first video, which was "Cherchez La Femme". As I watching it, you can peep my Uncle Mickey on the drums in the back, and my Aunt Cady as one of the backup singers (the taller one). Anyways, click the video to watch it:



As soon as I heard the melody and saw the title, I already knew what it was a Ghostface joint...**see video below**


Anyways, just something that was kinda dope to me. There were more songs that other hip-hop artists (i.e. A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, etc.) have sampled, so I might get into all that later...

1 comment:

  1. I have a Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band CD at home, courtesy of Ma Dukes.

    You'd be surprised to know that Take It Off by Busta Rhymes on E.L.E. samples one of their songs, Sunshower.

    I've always wanted to fuck with that sample too, but meh. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete